1974 Corvette Rear Bumper

gbwright2
0

Asked by gbwright2 Sep 04, 2012 at 06:49 AM about the 1974 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Dr STD Coupe

I'm looking at buying a 1974 Vette.  Car looks good except that the rear bumper assembly is NOT 2 PIECE.  I understood that 1974 was the only year with a 2 piece bumper.  Were some 1974's manfactured with a 1 piece bumper?  

82,425

The 1974 rear bumper cap was a two piece design, exclusive for that year.

bcrawdad
0

I have a 74 Stingray with 59,000 miles, 4sp, split tail. If you see a 74 Stingray that doesn't have a split rear bumper, it has been modified. In my opinion, the split bumper or "split tail" is much more desireable than a modified rear end. Being the only year of that design should make it more collectable.

bcrawdad
0

bcrawdad
0

here is a rear view of my 74 Split Tail.