what kind of sound does the water pump make if it where broken?

Troy Stromer

Asked by Troy Aug 11, 2010 at 02:18 PM

Christopher Paden

If the fins are simply worn down it wont make any audible noise. If it has a bad bearing then you may hear a constant metallic dragging/rubbing noise or a high pitched whine. If the pump is driven by a serpatine belt, the belt may squeal as it drags over the non-moving pulley. If its timing belt driven you likely wont hear it and the belt wont squeal over it.

Troy Stromer

oh ok, it is serpatine driven, so do you think that could of caused a little bit of vibration that i feel?