How many speeds does a v4 84 fiero have?

Eric Castillo
0

Asked by Eric May 06, 2013 at 05:14 PM

judge_roy

you mean Automatic...I believe it to have the ole' reliable 3 speed GM slushbox~

judge_roy

Manuals have a five speed, standard, as I recall--been a lot of years---~

Jackie Wilson
245

Judge, I believe that you're correct about the automatic transmission, but I'm pretty sure that you're wrong about the manual. '84 was the only year that Pontiac didn't offer a 5 speed manual transmission for the Fiero. Instead, it was a 4 speed. However, from '85 onward, 5 speeds were offered.

86,345

Plus the engine in '84 was an 2.5L I4 not a V4 as the OP posted.

50,675

The '84 had the "Iron Duke" I4 engine and either a four speed manual transmission or a three speed automatic. Above the car's taillights were the letters "2M4" which meant a two-seat, mid-engined car with a four- cylinder engine.

judge_roy

That whole answer was a wild-burro guess launched out of my imagination...thank god I've got a fertile imagination then...Still it is so much fun to touch a fuse off and hear things like "Iron Duke"...you know I'd have NEVER known that little factoid...makes it all so much fun to be associated with you all...you make me proud everyday!

judge_roy

probably is not running in a heap in grampa's driveway~

judge_roy

Eric?

judge_roy

The "iron duke" was all-aluminum...LOL~