99 hyundai tiburon

lwouden
0

Asked by lwouden Mar 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM about the Hyundai Tiburon

check engine light is on, codes are misfire on 1,3 & 4 and random misfires.. (codes: p300, p301,p303,p304).....
runs great  but wont go over 74 mph, chocks back after you reach 3000 rpms in every gear.... But when reving
up slowing in neutral, does NOT stick... ????????? PLEASE HELP, its my son's first car!!!

We replaced : plugs, wires, mass air flow sensor, ran 2 tanks with injector cleaners, fuel filter, throttle position
sensor and ignition pack... we also even tried unplugging the neg. to the battery in hopes to reset anything...

We just bought the car of a lot, unknown history other than air bags were deployed once.... Taken it to 3 shops,
they are clueless at this point... Could it be a computer issue or something my son can try and fix still???????

18,335

Did the shops do a exhaust back pressure test? Converter or muffler might be partially plugged. If the front pipe that connects to the exhaust manifold is easy to get to you might try just unbolting it right at the flange and see if it will pull above 3000 RPM

lwouden
0

No they didn't try that exhaust test.... Thank you, we will try this next :)

49,805

You have done everything I can think of. It could be the ECU but it's an expensive item to guess at. --- Try dropping the situation on a couple of Hyundai forums and see if anybody else has experienced the problem. -- www.hyundaiforum.com -- www.hyundai-forums.com