trying to figure out why my horn stopped working?

salean
0

Asked by salean Jan 09, 2013 at 08:28 AM about the Honda Accord Coupe

my car is an 2003 2 door honda accord coupe v6.

tony555555
0

Check fuses n relay or da horn itself could b no good

DavidH25

wire to horn...switch in steering wheel.....a 2003 is not all that old enough to have the wires deteriorate from heat like sometimes happens on much older cars

DavidH25

take a wire from the positive terminal of the battery, clip it on, and touch it to the contacts on the horn, see what happens, don't bump your head on the hood if it goes off

1,785

most likely the switch in the steering wheel...i have an 07 accord and my horn went out and they replaced the switch in the steering wheel...$300 later cuz you have to buy a whole new unit called the "clock spring" or "cassette" i had a shop do it cuz i didn't want to mess around with the air bag

DavidH25

You made the right decision to not attempt to deal with air bags unless you know what you are doing, most people, myself included, do not. The alternative, albeit funky, is another button mounted on dash bypassing the steering wheel. That may not even be legal

Ronc258
2,570

What you need a horn for? Don't you have a middle finger? Does the same thing LOL

1,785

Dave i know what im doing, i just hate how sensitive air bags can be and refuse to work around them...and Ronc the middle finger doesn't work if the car next to you suddenly comes into your lane and keeps going like you aren't there! i wished my horn worked then cuz i would have been on that for a couple minutes lol

DavidH25

Point taken Jonathan...it's just that most people don't, I believe you that you do

1,785

its funny i thought about making a make shift horn too lol