I have a s-320 i want to install in a custom made motorcycle frame. I have all wiring and computors, What do i need to do to bypass all the extra stuff to make engine run ?

cailweld
0

Asked by cailweld Feb 25, 2013 at 08:51 AM about the Mercedes-Benz S-Class

I
own a machine and metal fabrication business and have everything to
build a M-B bike. ( Which I've been wanting to do for a long time) I can
fabricate it but have no knowledge about the necessary wiring it takes
for the engine to run . Any info would be highly appreciated . Sincerely
, Jeff Cail

7jimmy7
10,595

wheu! your guess is as good as mine,i;d say the ingnition must be retained as the key must reconize the pcm for one

49,625

You are going to need all the sensors and controls. The ECU is a process logic controller. It reads the status of the inputs and selects the operating parameters of the engine and transmission.

cailweld
0

Thank,s, I have all the sensors and controls but don't have the ignition switch as it and the car was scraped. Can i install my own ignition switch into the harness and use the ECU or if i can build my own intake and use a carburetor / distributor set up ? Thanks for your info , Jeff

49,625

You can use toggle switches to replace the ignition switch and make it a push button start. If you need a key for security, use a basic keyed switch to control the main power to the ignition circuits.

Best Answer
7jimmy7
10,595

I dont know tenspeed these security units these days are a bear some are intergrated to the pcm or now body cm were talking an s class here! maby?