rear dome light stays on

TTux
0

Asked by TTux May 04, 2012 at 11:07 PM about the Mercedes-Benz 560-Class

1986 Mercedes 560SEL:  When I was driving I noticed that the rear dome light was on. After parking, I opened all doors and shut them to make sure a door was not open. After doing this the light went out.  The next time I was driivng i noticed the light was on again and I opened/shut all doors again but it did not go out, and it is still on now..  

Michael Griffin
515

The rotator dimmer switch next to the head light switch maybe engaged ! You should ear a click noise when moved up

Ted Halsall
865

Michael, the rear dome light switch is on the upper control panel above the climate control unit. TTux, check the door contact switches they're located on the pillar where the door hinges mount

Michael Griffin
515

Door switch would turn on all the light the rotary switch. As taxi mode and well only turn the rear upper dome light on

TTux
0

I started a new question because I couldn't figure out how to edit the original one to include the rear door lights, which are also on. I don't know where the rotator dimmer switch is located because there is nothing next to the headlight knob.

Ted Halsall
865

The dimmer switch has nothing to do with your problem (it's on the instrument cluster by the way). On most Mercedes when only the rear doors are opened only the lights for the back turn on.