rear passenger floor accumilates water,not sure way??

Danny Cook

Asked by Danny Mar 13, 2011 at 05:27 PM about the 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 4 Dr 560SEL Sedan

every two days there is a puddle of water on my rear passenger floor after I vac it out and It sounds minor but I never had a benz until six months ago..

Jeff Leeper

open the trunk and make sure the spare tire well isnt full of water.

A couple possible culprits here. First - the drainage tubes that take water from the roof are SUPPOSE to exit underneath the car just ahead of the rear wheel wheels - get under there and look - and clean with a wire coat hanger; SECOND: Check to see that your trunk seal rubber is good; THIRD - check the drainage inside the gas cap area and where that tube is exiting; the drainage hole is NOT at the lowest point and many cars rust inside the flap - use a coat hanger and clean it out from the top AND the bottom.