Has anyone added the aftermarket supercharger to their Lotus Elise? is it worth it? did you loose your warranty?

Robbie Dickson
35

Asked by Robbie Aug 12, 2008 at 09:19 PM about the Lotus Elise

I'd like to add a supercharger, my local Lotus dealer said they will do it, so it must be an approved Charger, but is the low end power that this car really needs worth the $7k ? did you loose your warranty?

24,945

You will lose your warranty if the dealer doesn't do it...But only you can decide if it's worth 7k for the charger. That's about typical price for a supercharger set-up.

Ben Weinberg
15

You could trade it in for the new supercharged one if you are worried about the warranty. Another advantage of the factory supercharged one is that the higher-profile cam kicks in at 4000 RPM instead of 6200 at 75%+ throttle. If you autocross the car, I would say the extra low end torque is worth it, but if you just drive it for fun, i don't think it would be worth it. There are also turbo kits if you want to go that route. Forced Fed has a kits that range up too 400hp.