are the same car the exige and the elise? please respond my name is alvaro and i from chile

Lex_Icon
5

Asked by Lex_Icon Nov 30, 2007 at 10:44 AM about the Lotus Elise

the exige and the elise are very similar...and want to know wath are the diferenses of those cars...thanks...excuse my wronrg written i from chile i have 14 year and i dont know writegood

27,095

No, they are slightly different. The body and engine are different on these vehicles, similar, but different. I believe they share some interior accents.

Daryl Manning
35

The chassis, body and engine are basically the same. The difference in body is a whale tail on the Exige, which covers the rear window.The Exige S is supercharged, and has a bit more power than the Elise. If you plan driving it on the track, I would choose the Exige S (there is an even more impressive version available for the track this year). If you plan driving it primarily on the street, I would choose the Elise. The whale tail on the Exige completely eliminates rearview mirror & rear window visibility. I like to see what's behind me on the freeway!

Seven Elleven
35

What you have overtaken is behind you, Daryl, nothing else! I dismounted the interior mirror, because it's useless. But you have sufficient view to the back in the side windows. Just take care , there's a small blind area! The adjustment of the drivetrain is different from the Elise, as well as the front and rear body panels.The chassis and the Engine is the same. The supercharger is different from the Elise SC due to the clear height of the whale tail.

Jamie Turner
15

Apart from the obvious difference that the Exige is a coupé and the Elise is a convertible: - The engine and chassis are essentially the same, depending on which variant of Exige and Elise the engines are tuned slightly differently. - They are set-up slightly differently out of the factory, the Exige with more of a track focus, the Elise more street. - In fact, the clams (body panels) are entirely different on the two cars (though look very similar). Interestingly (or not as the case may be) the Exige clams are hand laid, where the Elise clams are machine manufactured. - On the supercharged versions of both cars the Exige has an intercooler, where the Eilse does not. This intercooler on the Exige means that there is no rear visibility through the windscreen mounted rear view mirror.