Security issue or something else?

Shaverb
0

Asked by Shaverb Mar 06, 2013 at 09:25 PM about the Jeep Grand Cherokee

I just purchased a jeep Cherokee as a toy. It has sit still for a year or so and the battery is dead.
When I try to jump it off it is like a security system of some sort is keeping it from running.  The
head lights will blink off and on, it will turn over and even start but will only idle for several
seconds.It seems like it is not getting any fuel. Is there a security switch somewhere I cant find or
what. Any ideas will be very helpful.

68,785

Your battery cells are so weak that your car will no longer continue to run and the lights will flash. So I'd recommend your recharge your battery at a min. or just purchase a new battery. Also purchase a battery tender at the same time, it's a small trickle charger to keep your battery at optimum shape while it sits for the next year or so.

Lrs4554
0

Don't know if you solved your problem I had a 1995 cherokee and when the battery died it must reset security. The lights would flash would turn over but not start. Take ignition key unlock drivers door turn clockwise than counterclockwise than try to start that worked or me.