Security issue or something else?

Shaverb
0

Asked by Mar 06, 2013 at 09:25 PM about the Jeep Grand Cherokee

I just purchased a jeep Cherokee as a toy. It has sit still for a year or so and the battery is dead.
When I try to jump it off it is like a security system of some sort is keeping it from running.  The
head lights will blink off and on, it will turn over and even start but will only idle for several
seconds.It seems like it is not getting any fuel. Is there a security switch somewhere I cant find or
what. Any ideas will be very helpful.

179,595

Your battery cells are so weak that your car will no longer continue to run and the lights will flash. So I'd recommend your recharge your battery at a min. or just purchase a new battery. Also purchase a battery tender at the same time, it's a small trickle charger to keep your battery at optimum shape while it sits for the next year or so.

Lrs4554
30

Don't know if you solved your problem I had a 1995 cherokee and when the battery died it must reset security. The lights would flash would turn over but not start. Take ignition key unlock drivers door turn clockwise than counterclockwise than try to start that worked or me.

mljg72z
40

I have a 95 jeep grand Cherokee larado sraght 6 it dies after runing to about 30min then lights flash and security comes on I lock then unlock the door lights and security stop it won't start tell about 2hrs later any awsers

Wendy StDenis
30

mine just did this the other day...put window down on deiverside(so you can put your arm in to start) or have someone in it... take ur key to driver door and to the lock unlock if don't work try passenger side if that don't work try hatch<<<< I had to reset the alarm system though my hatch all doors and hood need to be closed when ur lights r not flshing its down u hould start it them but don't open anydoors till u start it resets the system. dealer ship told me that over the phone and it worked

Wendy StDenis
30

my battery was dead so I had to keep jumper cables on it shut the hood<<