how do you add transmission fluid?

nighthawk32405
0

Asked by nighthawk32405 Jan 06, 2007 at 02:44 PM about the Volkswagen Cabrio

12,905

Hello, What year is your Cabrio? CarGrrl

tai
0

1998 cabrio. I told my mechanic my tranny was "sticking" at 62-66 mph after that it smoothed back out. He gave me a bottle of cleaner and said add it to the tranny fluid as it may have some "build up". If that doesn't help then take it to AAMCO. Problem is I still cannot find where the fluid goes in? Is this another "sealed transmission"? American are in love with German engineering, but most ride like a Chrysler and have cheaply produced parts with exorbitant mark up. LOL

Greg Ouellette
15

well most vw's have a sealed trans and if it dosent then you still cant add it in there on most of them they have a censer on the trans. flow going in that makes it to where to do a trans. flush or to just add it has to be heated to a specific temp. for the fluid to go in to the trans. sorry to tell you this but you have to take it to the dealer ship or a place that has a trans. flush machine that heats the fluid....