On the Occupant Sensor for the front passenger seat

andinavin
25

Asked by andinavin Sep 22, 2007 at 12:06 AM about the Kia Sorento

What is the weight that causes the front passenger airbag to turn off?  I just bought this model last night and my 147 pound daughter sitting in the front seat causes the light to come on saying the the airbag is off.  This just doesn't seem right to me.  She's and adult

joecorvair
1,365

Did you look in the owner's manual index? I agree, it should not turn off at her weight. If you can't find it, call your dealer's service dept. for an answer.

18TandSVT
3,515

Well, it my 2003 silverado, my airbag would turn on with about 50 lbs in it, so I would say that you have something wrong. Does it have a manual override key/switch? It might have been manually deactivated.

crazzy450r
485

switch activats around 40-50lbs (cars and trucks that have a weight switch)that switch deactivats under that weight not over the weight something is wrong with your airbag sys. you should have it looked at.unless a falty airbag sys. dosent bother you in wich case ignore it.

Jon Crooks
15

If it is a 2007 or newer Sorie, it is a known issue and the dealer should cover it. If it is pre-2007, it is also a known issue and the dealer may reset the sensor, but will not cover the replacement.