2001 land rover

richfish
0

Asked by richfish Jan 05, 2013 at 03:29 PM about the Land Rover Discovery Series II

i just replaced my thermastae on my land rover now it only blows cold air before i changed it it was how when driving and cool when idaling

45,675

Is the engine coming up to temperature? Are the hose to and from the heater core warm?

richfish
0

the temp comes up to the right temp i have to check the heater core hoses the bottom hose on the radator are worm

45,675

There's two ways that car makers use to control heat. One way is a valve in the heater core hose. Usually controlled by a cable but some are controlled with vacuum. The second, newer way is using a blend door that lets air go around the heater core when open and forces air through the heater core when closed. The systems I'm familiar with use an electric stepper motor to control the door. ---- That being said, check the heater core hoses in the engine compartment for anything that might control the flow. If there is nothing there, look around the heater box for a bypass door.