How will removing the front passenger seat affect the driver airbag?

insecbob
20

Asked by insecbob Oct 28, 2010 at 05:48 PM about the 2008 Toyota Yaris

Does anybody know how removing the front passenger seat from a
2008 Toyota Yaris will affect the driver airbag & seat belt?

Will the driver's airbag still deploy if there is an accident?

Will the driver's seat belt pretensioner system still work if there is
an accident?

Thank you,

Bob

Robert Giovannone Jr
225

Yes the drivers side airbad will deploy aswell as the seatbelt.

insecbob
20

Thank you Robert. I took the front passenger seat out of my 2008 Yaris Hatchback. I did not disconnect the negative battery terminal before doing this. The following indicator lights are on #1 SRS warning light is on, #2 Front passenger seat belt reminder light is flashing and #4 Passenger AIRBAG OFF indicator light is on. Description of these lights is on p. 89 of the Owner's manual that talks about Front Passenger Occupant Classification System.I only have a simple front airbag, no side airbags. QUESTION: Is there any way to avoid having these lights on and still have the driver's airbag functional? Thanks, Bob

You think this is helpful.