whats the top speed?

chevypower123
45

Asked by chevypower123 Jan 01, 2008 at 08:41 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

ive heard the cobalt with an auto trans cant go past 110 is this true?

29,035

Yes, I believe it is electronically governed at 110 mph similar to the Saturn Ion, which it shares engine/transmission/basic platform with.

Nate Workentine
55

'06 is governed to 104, not sure about '08s

Alexander Welsh
35

I have an 07 LS coupe, 5 speed. It gets just past 110 then governor kicks in (speedo reads like 112)

Zach Drenthe
55

(I am not quite sure about the auto's, but...) I have the SS/SC 5-speed, and I have had it (on more than one occasion) at ~150 mph. The fastest I have had it is 155 mph, with a tail wind. But otherwise it is 151 mph, gov. limited at 5750 rpms.

A Facebook user
50

get a chip then the skys the limit or at least until the motor blows

Simon Badra
85

i have a 2006 cobalt ls, my cutoff was 170 km/h, topped that 5 times... a skyline weaved through me out of nowhere lmao.

Eric Davis
75

not sure but i have gotten an 05 ls up to 105. I must say that it handled pretty well to. it felt really smooth, and it didnt feel like i was going to die. but if i would have hit anything (pothole, mouse, ant *lol*) i am pretty sure i would have died. lol

Todd VanderWyst
45

I HAVE A 06 SS COBALT, IVE HAD IT DOIN 220 KM IN FOURTH GEAR BUT STEEERING WAS VERY LOOSE I THINK ITS CAUSE I HAVE AIR DEFUSERS ON THE FRONT CLIP, IM NOT SURE IF THERE IS A CUTOFF AND IF THERE IS I WILL REACH IT SOON ..

RacinJared
5

My 06 cobalt took me up to 120 I am pretty sure I could have gone faster except I was in a constrution zone.

Andrew Kiel
35

I have gotten the LS up to 116 after about 2 miles down the thruway lol

Garrett Lake
45

I have a 2009 SS Turbo.. Top speed is over 160 miles per hour;)

Matt Birch
35

I dont have a speed limiter, thank you Trifecta tuning! On the dyno with calculations I maxed out at 178 mph. And by calculations they actually add in effects like wind speed and road resistance. 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Stage WTF

Garrett Lake
45

Wish we could race sometime.. Where you live?

Matt Towne
15

Yup... same here. Trifecta tuning FTW!!!

Jim Loggin
10

160 sounds high. I ran against a 2009 SS turbo yesterday with my motorcycle. I just stayed with him to see what it would do. He pulled fairly quickly to 130 and then edged up to 140 and it was over. I continued to 150 and he was fading in my mirrors. My speedo has been checked against my gps so I know it is accurate.

David Tillman
35

the turbo cobalts can go over 160 mine basically willo go until i run out of gear since im tuned but the fastest i have been is 165 with rpm left

David Tillman
35

what kind of bike do you have?

Chase Sutherland
4,335

you hit 150 on that cruiser? are you saying your speedo is accurate at that speed cause i call BS! speedo on a bike at that speed has a flux at 10% roughly. so if your gps is accurate at 85 then ok but it doesnt work at that speed. that takes a little balls. i hit 180 on my gixxer and pulled it back. that speed is ridic

Mike Turner
45

FALSE mine tops out at 200 kph got pics to prove and its auto

John Nobile
35

DON'T KNOW IT'S ACCUAL TOP SPEED BUT I HAVE GOTTEN MINE UP TO 110 M.P.H. AND SHE HAD A LITTE MORE TO GO... WHAT STOPPED ME WAS THE SKINNY LITTLE TIRES. MY GUESS ON 215'S SHE MIGHT HIT 120 M.P.H.

Clayton Graham
5

I drive a 2006 LS couple with as follows:short ram air intake, intake manifold swap, fuel rail, injectors, trifecta performance tune, header, and cat back exhaust and have pulled 120+ on a good highway

Scott Miles
45

My 08 TC bone stock speedo was pegged just over 160.. GPS said 162 going down I-10 3 seperate occasions

Tyler O'Sugrue
0

Deff can push 120+, I know 122 and even with bad tires and needing an oil change. A few tweeks and it would be a very fun car to play around in, very quiet, and handles well, they are just really long. But I love my 08 ls.

Pontiac_Freak
5

I Have a 2008 Pontiac GXP and im pretty sure it will smoke any Chevy made car with-in reason. If you look for a race HIT ME UP

screamhavoc
0

I owned a 2006 Chevy cobalt LT and got it to 132 MPH. Took a while but got there. My cousin owned a turbocharged SS Cobalt and that thing ran 365 HP on the dyno. Not sure of the top speed but we got to 145 on a very short road.

Eric Eischen
0

Mine is an 05 with an 06 engine. I've go it up to 105 with my stock rims n tires but i need to recalibrate my speedo cuz I now have 17s. I've noticed my car isn't accurate. I think it now hits 109. Btw Pontiac is own by GM which owns chevy.