Audi q7 change lights

saintlike
15

Asked by saintlike Oct 03, 2010 at 02:27 AM about the 2008 Audi Q7

Hi there,
I want to change my 2008 q7's lights(front &rear) with the new 2010 LED ones.Is that
possible and if yes how and who can do it?

David Gross
705

well the lights themselves should be the same size. there was no model change. so as far as fitting there should be no problem. I would imaging the plug has changed though for the lights. so you may not be able to just plug the new ones in without some sort of wiring modification. they could be exactly the same but from my experience there was something changed. You could buy the new lights from the dealership i would imagine.. wouldnt think they'd be cheap though. like maybe a grand for the two front lights. if there is any change to the wiring i would think any car audio shop would be able to make the plug for you and do the install.

saintlike
15

Thanks a lot!It'sreally helpfull info.I saw some videos on the net too.I just have to save some cash cause all thiss is quite expensive.The whole set of the lights (front,turning & rear) plus the new grill is over 3000 euro from the dealer.I think it'll wait for some time.Hopefully not too long. THanks David P.S. May be the next question I should post is "Who can buy it for me?!" :)):)

saintlike
15

By the way I have one more question.Let's sai I change all the lights of my 2008 Q7 with the 2010 one's do I have to do some adjustments on the software of the car?!?!

Gulshen Ferrari
85

yes it can b done in an authorised audi workshop man but first check the batteries a the 2010 leds have day time running headlights so check for the batteries and recharge it

lshaw52716
10

Hello, I just changed my 2008 Q7 tail lights to the new style 2010 LED lights and am having trouble. The new style lights flash similar to an electrical cliche (just quick flashes). I took it to Audi and their mechanic could not reprogram it to work. Has any successfully changed these lights without the flash? Thanks,