What would cause the console lights the steering wheel buttons and the map light to not work?

ScottT
125

Asked by ScottT Mar 25, 2012 at 09:38 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet HHR

The car was ran into a ditch and rolled on its side and the drivers side was in water for 30
mins about 2 weeks ago every thing else in the car works. Except for the electric mirrors that
control is on the drivers door (which was under water)but since it didn't work when we got
the car that should be a seperate issue. The lighted buttons on the stering wheel doesn't work
the cruse control + button doesn't activate the cruse but the ~ does work, the map light
doesn't work and on the console the lights that luminate the window controls don't light
neither does the ac/heater. But the windows work and the ac leds light up when you activate
the ac or recyle the air. Most important my 16 year old daughter is ok!!! Any suggestions
would be appriciated. Thanks Scott

ScottT
125

Ok I tested every fuse in the both the under the hood and the passeneger console fuse box everything has power to both legs of each fuse. And I appearently didn't know how the cruise control works, because I was trying to set it wrong all the bottons work correctly to set, slow down, and reume speed. So now the only problem I faced with is the constant on map light doesn't work, and the lighted steering wheel buttons and the console lights that are supposed to illuminate are not working. The rear view mirror lights work and the interior overhead lights work. So I,m puzzled as to what would keep those 3 areas from illuminating. Is it 1 thing or do they each have there own problem? Is there a relay I should check? Or is there a wire connector or some type of switch or a sensor that I might need to check. Please any suggestion I will try them if I hvent already done it.

ScottT
125

Well come to find out when I was wiping down the fuses and the relays from being in water and I placed the relay in a empty spot. I figured it out while getting inspected my liecence plate lights wouldn't work neither would the parking lights so replaced a bulb and still nothing. Went to the fuse box and the fuse was good but no relay found it where it shouldn't of been. Just so who ever reads this the parking lights are on the same relay as the interorambiant light stering wheel button lights and the console lights and the plate lights thnks Scott