Specialist

Jose Linares
5

Asked by Jose Apr 26, 2008 at 01:23 PM about the 1988 Volkswagen Jetta

Need an specialist in VW Jetta 1988 to make some questions about repairing it.  Please contact me if you could help me.

Greg Balandyk
0

have 86 jetta diesel. maybe i can help?

Jose Linares
5

Well the problem itself its that while I was driving it the oil pressure light flashes continously, I checked the oil pressure, and everithing about it and it's ok, but the light still flashing. Also but I really don't know if it has any relation with, it seems that the gas pump it's failing also because while I drive it and I press the accelerator it shakes a lot, seems like the gas is not flowing continously, but I really don't know if is the pump or if it has any relation with the flashing light. Maybe it could be only an electric failure, or a bad connection. Hope that the description help you to figure out what's my problem.

Jon Keachie
755

Hey fellow vdubber, I can steer you in the right direction if you give me some information on your vdub, which engine you have is it original and how many kms/miles, what type of oil and oil filter are you using. Get back to me when you can, this is a common problem in MK1 and MK2 vdubs. If you like you can e-mail direct at mk2vdub@gmail.com I have owned alot of older vdubs for years and I know them well.