my check engine light came on yesterday. The engine runs great. I have a C70, 2004 model. I wonder if this is an alert for scheduled maintance? I have 97000 miles on the car.

Vanessa_Johnson
0

Asked by Vanessa_Johnson Aug 04, 2012 at 10:36 AM about the 2004 Volvo C70

s_staples35
125

Most vehicles have a separate light for maintenance. I would take it to an autoparts place like Advanced Auto Parts or AutoZone. They will usually do a free computer diagnostic to see what codes your car is giving to make your check engine light come on.

Vanessa_Johnson
0

Thanks so much!!

Christopher Paden
1,995

Dont let a shop tell you the car needs a catalytic converter if it is throwing an oxygen sensor code. Majority of the time its a $3 vacuum hose. Post back the codes you get from the store and I can help diagnose.

beelzy
10

I have a problem with my 2004 C70 with the check engine light coming on at speeds over 50 mph and the arrow flashing. the code I was getting was 0700 and the transmission guy replaced the Valve Body to the price of $3000.00 dollars. I drove it for 25 miles and on comes the same problem now this time the code reads 0740. By the way the car runs and shifts fine before the repair and after except for when this light comes on Can anyone help please and thanks