how do you check the transmission fluid

hawkeye
0

Asked by hawkeye Jan 07, 2007 at 07:36 PM about the 1997 Volkswagen Jetta

I am leaking transmission fluid. How do I check it?

LouB
14,990

I believe you are going to need diagnostic equipment for this hawkeye. If I'm not mistaken there's no dip stick in your 97 Jette and you'll need a diagnostic scanner to monitor the fluid temperature. In any event the first step is your trusty Chilton's manual which you have a good chance of finding at your local library. You can also purchase a copy at your local book store or parts shop (call first before you take the ride to see if they have the Chilton's for your model and year in stock). If all else fails you can purchase a copy in Amazon.com or ebay, often for less than $15. Good luck!

der_Alte
35

I have a Bentley Publishers manual--much more complete & chkg the Tran juice I would find a knowledgeable shop.