RPM goes down and the car shut off when slowing down or heavy traffic

metalgear
0

Asked by metalgear Mar 03, 2013 at 01:34 AM about the 2006 Mazda MAZDA6

i have mazda 6 model 2006 when i slow down or at heavy traffic the car RPM goes down and sometimes the car shut off
then i have to go to park and turn it on again
normally when this happen the RPM is below 1

Racer_X
11,855

Might be a problem with the fuel pump (couldn't hurt to check the fuse for it) or maybe the fuel filter needs to be replaced. Possibly an issue with fuel pressure regulator?

45,675

Seven year old car that stalls. Look for a leaking vacuum hose. Maybe a bad EGR valve.