more power under the hood

ravens55
45

Asked by ravens55 Oct 24, 2011 at 05:13 PM about the 1994 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

i own a 1994 ford lightning and i was wondering what are some cheap affordable mods that will give the truck more horsepower

John Parsons
65

what mods do you have?

ravens55
45

It's All stock

Russ Wilkerson
15

bbk throttle body or any brand throttle body spacer if u have the 5.0L 302 cid motoryou could use under drive pullys

Trevor Woods
5

holley supercharger for the most dramatic boost

John Ross
85

The most basic is make it breath better and better fire. A cold air intake from K+N works well,bigger exhaust and good quality plugs and wires with a performance mod chip is a good start. Bullydog has a nice performance chip system.

Joseph Gahol
925

get a cheap turbo kit and fabricate your own intercooler using copper tubing...get larger pistons and a breather for the engine... you need a better tranny and drivetrain for it...there are lots of choices, search the net...

Rhaman
275

Be aware that increasing significantly the horsepower of your engine may require changes to: the cooling system, transmission and rear axle, etc. I would seek professional advice as to what modifications and other changes to be made to your car. For milder increases this does not apply. Why do you need more HPs? Is the truck not doing well? Being a 17 year old vehicle it just me be in need of a motor rebuild due to normal wear and tear. A dyno test might be in order. Be aware that the rest of the drive train is in the same state of wear and tear and may need rebuilding or replacing as well. It might not be worth the effort. Thoughts to consider. OK? I wish you the best.

Trevor Yost
295

throttle body spacers are a waste of money on fuel injected engines, the air does not meet fuel until an instant before combustion. best thing if fuel economy is no issue- stroker crank, new rods and pistons, cam and a torque converter to match