Just got a 2 door hard top 65 impala,seems like a base model, I haven't done a VIN check yet but I have heard the drive side mirror with remote was a option. I seen a picture of a real OEM mirror and the glass has a manufactured date on it. This car has the OEM door panels and the date on mirror is 1968, maybe the original one broke and the owner got one at GM dealer, I seem a few repo mirrors but they are all for nova, Chevy ll, el caminos.. ... I'm guessing you could install this mirror on a car that wasn't sold with it and get the part from GM... Does anybody know what mirrors came OEM on a 1965 and what the exact mirror or mirrors looked like on the 65 impala right from factory/ off the show room floor?

Forbidden
0

Asked by Forbidden Jun 05, 2013 at 02:41 AM about the 1965 Chevrolet Impala

judge_roy

Are we making a museum piece here? In my experience, you spend all your free time to get things exactly right...then some musclehead loser with a rental car comes racing out of the gym and never made it to the brake, but to the accelerator...of course he's off scott free and you are left with a wreck that you can weep as you sell whatever pieces you can off of it and think of the good times you will never have again...so in conclusion if you will NEVER DRIVE IT...these things are of great importance, but if you want to drive it....put it in a condition you can be proud of and realize that it can be taken away from you at any moment with a careless motorist~

judge_roy

...cough, cough at least NINE on ebay---- http://compare.ebay.com/like/360567582915? var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

califcarson
4,485

Summit Racing has the OEM mirror for $39.95. It is chrome, sort with the Chevy bow tie. E-bay has long neck chrome mirrors for around $48.00. Find pictures of 1965 Chevy Impalas and look at which mirrors they had.