Can you switch from recommended synthetic oil to non-sythetic high mileage oil after 100K?

MRoy
0

Asked by MRoy Apr 19, 2007 at 02:14 PM about the 2000 Subaru Outback

'99 Outback with 114K miles. With my previous Subarus, I have switched to a high mileage oil after 100k miles, but these are non-synthetics. Is it okay to switch to one of these from the recommended synthetic 5W30 on my '99? Thanks.

Since59
145

Synthetic oils generally have a higher viscosity rating. This leads me to believe that it will continue to provide better protection that a high mileage petrolium product. If you want the added benefits of leak prevention that is often associated with high mileage oils, you can inclide a leak-sealing product with you next synthetic oil change.