My pontiac grand am 2001 is overheating i changed the thermastat and its still over heats what else can be wrong with the tht will make it overheat

Ferny Ramos
0

Asked by Ferny Mar 16, 2013 at 01:49 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am

The bottom hose that connects to the radiator also bubbles
when its over heating

judge_roy

take the thermostat OUT. see if it still is overheating. It it isn't you put the t-stat in upside down- if it is....whoa, got pluggage from corrosion...this is not good...there are a number of products to de-rust, but ALL of them are horrible to deal with and terrible for the environment. let's please NOT go there and just stick with the upside down t-stat or defective t-stat theory, shall we?

62,695

If it's a V6, you probably have air in the coolant system. Replace that bubbling bottom hose, refill with fresh anti-freeze and bleed the air. Go to GAOwnersclub.com for DIY insrtuctions

Jason Zane
4,025

how does the internal radiator look? crusty or clean? if crusty you could have blockage. also how good is the water pump? is it dry on the bottom center ; use a small mirror to look at the weep hole by the shaft.