I bought a car from a guy the guy bought from someone else but didn't put the title in his name but he signed the old title.. What do I do ?

Meme Alameda
0

Asked by Meme Jul 25, 2014 at 06:59 PM about the 2002 Nissan Altima

I bought a car on Craigslist and the
guy was so sure it was an easy fix..
So he had the old title when he
bought the car himself and signed it
but he never transferred the title in
his own name.. I just found out it's
illegal what he did.. But I have no
more money to spend..

Dimension01
25

You have to track him down, and also try contacting the police department for help. I hope you fix this problem, but when you were buying the car, I am so confused how this incident was never brought to light.

T_S_T
27,545

turn it over to the police,he signed a tittle that was not his and sold car to you,selling stolen good,s you might say.

BoholMark
21,925

So the car was titled in guy #1's name. Guy#1 signed the title and guy#2 bought it from him and fixed it and sold it to you without ever having transferred the title into his name. Let me know if I got this right.

Li Li Williams
0

What happened with your case? I'm going through the same thing now. A guy sold me a car that he signed the title to but didn't transfer and the only person who can do anything is the original owner.he knew he couldn't get the title to the car in his name because the original owner made a mark through on the title and it required an affidativ to fix. She refused to sign it and he has a car with a title he couldn't do anything with. So to solve his problem he then knowingly sold me a non drivable car.