My 1992 lincol towncar will not start without a boost. However once the battery is charched all is well untill i turn off the car. In the middle of the day or night the car starts on it's own without

cardkaren
0

Asked by cardkaren Aug 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM about the 1992 Lincoln Town Car

My car starts on it's own  any time of the day or night. I have to disconnect the battery each day untill i need my car again. Please help . Could it be a fault with the starter?

DavidH25

Wait a second, let me be sure I have this straight. Do you mean that, say, it starts up and runs without you there? Like you get up in the morning and your car is running? But you start off by saying it won't start without a boost..like a jump start from another car? I would like to help but I am confused here. But it does not sound like a starter problem, if the starter motor engages all by itself by some fault in the electrical system, it may crank but it won't run without the ignition on. Please elaborate?