This 1992 TC sometimes will start and then cut off. Is the electronics codes the same as the 2000?

Herbert6666
40

Asked by Herbert6666 Aug 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM about the 1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature

After replacing the battery I find when starting the engine it will turn off, however once the engine starts all is well. How do you reset the codes on a 1992?

DavidH25

Scroll down exactly 10 posts and read what Tom wrote. He knows what he is talking about

Best Answer
Herbert6666
40

David, I can't seem to find the answer you gave, maybe it did not come through. thanks Herbert6666

Herbert6666
40

The above post was directed to DavidH25, simply cannot find the post he sent. again Thanks Herbert6666

Herbert6666
40

I do believe I found a way to correct the turn off problem when trying to start the engine. With the AC in the off position, ignition switch in the off position, turn the ignition switch to the on position for about 10 seconds and then back to off position, turn the ignition switch back to the on position for 10 more seconds and then start the engine, let run for 30 seconds and then turn on the AC and let engine run until it reach normal temperature. Start problem appears to have been corrected. Hope this will help someone else, Herbert6666