Is there a trick to lining up my Kia Rio 05 engine I'm replacing with the transmission shaft, and should I put the torque convertor on the flywheel or transmission shaft to install.

rwjr6022
0

Asked by rwjr6022 Feb 05, 2013 at 08:29 PM about the 2005 Kia Rio

I'm replacing my 05 Kia Rio 1.6 liter engine, I left the transmission in the car when I removed the old engine, now I can not get the new engine lined up with the transmission and slide all the way back on, it needs maybe 1/2 inch more to be all the way. I put the torque converter on the transmission shaft and lined up the four studs with the holes in the flywheel, but can not get the perfect, and when I try to turn the engine crank shaft, the transmission turns with it, even with the car in park. Any tricks to lining the engine and transmission up with each other ?

judge_roy

The torque converter is part of the transmission, why is it not already not counted as part of this puzzle. Why were they apart? not sure why the torque converter was out of the tranny in the first place. Was this a matter of logistics? Working alone on this project? Got them all together, but not ready for a final snug, yes, well turn the motor by hand until it rings true, then bolt 'er down!