air only comes out of my defrost

GW
25

Asked by GW Aug 13, 2007 at 05:34 AM about the 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

When I turn on my AC or Heater air will only come out of my defrost. It don't matter when I turn my air control (foor, front, defrost) the air still only comes out of my defrost at the winshield

29,565

It sounds as though the recirculation door inside your dash has broken or disconnected and is no longer allowing movement of air to the proper ducts when selecting. I suggest taking this to a dealer simply because there is a great deal of disassembly to get to this point, as well as dealer-only part involved.

Bryan Palmer
315

get used to it. It seems to happen a ton on jeeps. Don't take to a dealer...they'll rip you a new one on labor for something like this

cliff212
40

Check the vacuum lines to the door controls. These lines are routed directly to the engine manifold and the door fails to the defrost position on loss of vacuum. Maybe a line has come loose or a leak has developed in the line.

lumbeegal87
20

there is a motor that controls the door its located on the driver side just above the floor vent this piece is 45 dollars at auto zone I suggest u take the silver rod off and move the white control up if that don't work then u may professional help