Gas mileage 2013 Kia Rio 4 door sedan

skymist2
0

Asked by skymist2 Oct 28, 2012 at 09:40 AM about the 2013 Kia Rio

I don't seem to be getting the average gas mileage that is mentioned in the 2013 Kia Rio 4 door sedan. I am only getting around 16 miles per gallon city and that's with the eco button engaged at all times. And I am a relatively smooth driver, not taking off at high speeds, etc. What could be causing this? (I only have a little over 400 miles on the car).
Thanks,
Anita

Christopher Taza
1,205

Right now the car is still in its break in period, so your fuel economy numbers are going to be unreliable. I know when I've driven the active eco cars that I find myself accelerating harder to get going to compensate for the slow acceleration from the eco mode. Unfortunately for now there isn't much that can been done. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and continue driving as you normally would. Around the 4000 mile mark your Rio should be giving you a much more reliable fuel economy number to go on.