how do i turn on the interior lights to go on automatically for my hyundai santa fe

richardk1
50

Asked by May 13, 2013 at 05:45 PM about the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Racer_X
21,305

There should be a "Door" Setting in the area that I outlined in the pic below. In the "Door" position, lights will come on when you open the doors OR use the remote to unlock the doors.

richardk1
50

thank you for your response - unfortunately i have a santa fe 2013 - and there's nothing there that looks like that....

Racer_X
21,305

Sorry I couldn't help ....maybe someone else here with a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe can help ya! I thought the photo above WAS from the interior of the 2013 model...Guess Not.. Check your Owner's Manual..it should tell you exactly how to do this.

richardk1
50

well - i did check the manual - and i guess they don't want you to wear down the battery - but - i wanted this feature to work regardless. When i open up the car, i want the lights to go on automatically in the interior.....shouldn't be that hard right???

Racer_X
21,305

It REALLY should be very simple and easy to find while seated above your head ...and then up and to the center (like in the last pic I showed)...BUT I've never driven a Hyundai (or any Korean car for that matter)...Guess they design it differently. I DO understand how keeping that switch in the "ON" position can be an issue in other cars...I have a sneaking suspicion that the designers of that switch are in cahoots with battery manufacturers....LOL! Unless someone HERE can address your question....Try a Hyundai Owners online forum group and ask your question there...I'm sure they will be able to help! Good Luck with it! :)

richardk1
50

thank you so much....i think you're right - i will try a Hyundai owners online forum - i'm sure i'll get an answer there - or else - sit down for a year and read the manual !!!!!

77,435

It's a 2013. Call your salesman.

Racer_X
21,305

Agree with tenspeed....Just call the Hyundai Dealer where you bought it from. If the Sales Rep doesn't know, someone in Service Dept. should be able to tell you over the phone where it is and how it works.

andylope
100

above your head between the map lights. There is a button marked "room" this will turn all the interior lights on and leave them on. Next to it is a button called "door" press on, lights will come on when the door is opened. Off they will not come on when the door is opened.

Charlie Linkowich
10

hard to believe people ask questions and harder to believe other people answer with absolutely no knowledge about the problem or the specific vehicle......HELLO...visit you car dealership service department and ask them, ya think?

Moggy
0

This sounds like a political debate rather than an automotive question and answer! I recently purchased a 2010 Santa Fe and the front interior light would not come on when opening the driver's door. There is a switch that you press in the dome light assembly above the driver or passenger that says DOOR. It may be different on other year models. If you press the light switch beside this door switch and the light comes on, ,then the bulb is OK . Hyundai has a problem with these lamp assembly's and they recommend replacing the whole lamp unit which is easy to do. If you flip down the glasses compartment, there are 2 Philips head screws holding the unit to the roof. Remove those screws and pop the unit out. Turn the lamp over. If you've bought a new lamp, then remove the connectors and replace it and reinstall . Easy! Now if you're Scottish like me. I would rather repair something than buy a new one. If you look closely at the reverse side of the lamp beside the door switch, there is a small diode soldered there. This is usually the cause of failure. It can be tested by putting a jumper wire across the two solder joints at either end of the diode which is about 3/4 inch apart . With the drivers door open touch the solder joints on either side of with the jumper wire. If the light comes on , the diode is at fault. This diode can be replaced and I had mine repaired by a radio guy for $10.00. Hope this helps!