how do i turn on the interior lights to go on automatically for my hyundai santa fe

richardk1
30

Asked by richardk1 May 13, 2013 at 05:45 PM about the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Racer_X
15,885

There should be a "Door" Setting in the area that I outlined in the pic below. In the "Door" position, lights will come on when you open the doors OR use the remote to unlock the doors.

richardk1
30

thank you for your response - unfortunately i have a santa fe 2013 - and there's nothing there that looks like that....

Racer_X
15,885

Sorry I couldn't help ....maybe someone else here with a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe can help ya! I thought the photo above WAS from the interior of the 2013 model...Guess Not.. Check your Owner's Manual..it should tell you exactly how to do this.

richardk1
30

well - i did check the manual - and i guess they don't want you to wear down the battery - but - i wanted this feature to work regardless. When i open up the car, i want the lights to go on automatically in the interior.....shouldn't be that hard right???

Racer_X
15,885

It REALLY should be very simple and easy to find while seated above your head ...and then up and to the center (like in the last pic I showed)...BUT I've never driven a Hyundai (or any Korean car for that matter)...Guess they design it differently. I DO understand how keeping that switch in the "ON" position can be an issue in other cars...I have a sneaking suspicion that the designers of that switch are in cahoots with battery manufacturers....LOL! Unless someone HERE can address your question....Try a Hyundai Owners online forum group and ask your question there...I'm sure they will be able to help! Good Luck with it! :)

richardk1
30

thank you so much....i think you're right - i will try a Hyundai owners online forum - i'm sure i'll get an answer there - or else - sit down for a year and read the manual !!!!!

61,245

It's a 2013. Call your salesman.

Racer_X
15,885

Agree with tenspeed....Just call the Hyundai Dealer where you bought it from. If the Sales Rep doesn't know, someone in Service Dept. should be able to tell you over the phone where it is and how it works.

andylope
60

above your head between the map lights. There is a button marked "room" this will turn all the interior lights on and leave them on. Next to it is a button called "door" press on, lights will come on when the door is opened. Off they will not come on when the door is opened.

Charlie Linkowich
0

hard to believe people ask questions and harder to believe other people answer with absolutely no knowledge about the problem or the specific vehicle......HELLO...visit you car dealership service department and ask them, ya think?