I find the front seat of my Santa fe too high and the seat does not go back far enough? How can that be altered ?

John_Barony10
5

Asked by John_Barony10 Mar 03, 2012 at 10:25 AM about the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE AWD

I am  6'2" and have a long body. I cannot drive our Santa Fe. My wife is much smaller but is equally uncomfortable
as a passenger because the front seat is too close to the dash. This has restricted our usage from traveling in
comfort. How far can we move the seats back and reduce the height of the seats. All other aspects of the vehicle
are fine. However in 3years only 18000 miles(30000 km). Our 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor  is a competitor but has
ample comfort and seat room both front and back.

Michael Perfeito
145

People swap out seats in their cars quite often. It is do-able. You might be able to find some rails that allow the seats to go back further or you might want to replace both the seats and the rails with better ones.