My 2010 Santa Fe has let me down 7 times now!! 2 of these times I was drving on a highway and the other times it just wouldnt start in the morning.

bigbadred
0

Asked by bigbadred Nov 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM about the 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

My Santa Fe has stranded me twice while driving on a highway at high speeds.  I can
only describe it as is it has been possessed?  The radio starts acting up.  All lights on
dash flask erratically, I loose power steering and eventually the whole car shuts down.  
Thank God, I was able to pull off the road.  This all happens within a few minutes.  All
power is gone and I can't get the car into park.  Each time I have been far from home
and had to have it towed.  By the time the dealership looks at the car, it starts fine for
them and no codes show up to indicate any problems.  This is the first time I have
ever owned a new car and I am very disapointed in all the work, time and money I have
put into resolving this problem without any help from Hyundai!

jamnblues
3,915

It's a Korean car- they are not known for their high quality auto industry- oh, sure, they are getting lots of good press, their new cars are lookin' good, "Korean is the new Japanese" NOT- I won't be flying on Korean Air anytime soon either

13,075

If you bought this vehicle brand new in 2010 and this has been an ongoing problem you may have recourse under The Lemon Law. HTH. -Jim

bigbadred
0

Is this an American law? I've tried CAMVP in Canada but they seem to have dropped the ball too??

13,075

Yes, actually it is an American Law. -Jim