I am having a problem with my interior lights they are strobing when i open the doors, my power locks don't work with the doors open and the horn starts to sound. I think I need a priest for it.. But when i put my key in the ignition and turn it on the lights stop stobing but my chime is constantly chiming any ideas?

Chris75
25

Asked by Chris75 Aug 23, 2007 at 03:51 PM about the 2001 Dodge Dakota

2001 Dodge Dakota V8 4.7 ,  if i shake the heck out of the ignition all the power goes off but truck is still running

dvigano
8,195

Hi Chris75, I would say to start with replacing your ignition switch. There are various symptoms that can be caused by a faulty ignition switch - some of which are not obvious. I would then take a look at your electrical system - starting with the fuses and relays. Replace as necessary. Last, you may want to replace the interior door switches. These are the ones in the door jam that tell the interior lights when to go on and off inside the car. These this doesn't solve your problem I would take it to a trusted mechanic to troubleshoot your electrical system. Good luck!