Does anyone know of any information regarding installing air ride suspension on 1975-1979 generation Ford LTDs? I have a 1977 LTD that I'm interested in installing air ride on the rear.

mustang72
0

Asked by mustang72 Jul 03, 2011 at 02:09 PM about the 1977 Ford LTD

Does anyone know of any information regarding installing air ride suspension on 1975-1979 generation Ford LTDs?  I have a 1977 LTD that I'm interested in installing air ride on the rear.   Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!!

papa

yea,get ready for a lot of hard work,and a thick wallett,a lot of money and work for nothing.kind of like today,putting a $1000.00 sterio system,$4000.00 22,s tires, wheels on a $500.00 ride.

Tyler Cordahl
35

They can actually be rather cheap. JcWhitney sells a pair of Gabriel Air Shocks (top of the line stuff) for $70 for a pair. Then you lift the car up but raise it from the frame so the shocks that are already installed can relax. Unbolt the shocks, take them out, and the air shocks just replace the ones you have just taken off. Bolt them on and you're ready to go. If you have common sense you can do it.