no 1, 2, 3, 5, or rev

lobstah2eat
0

Asked by lobstah2eat Apr 28, 2013 at 10:23 PM about the 1987 Dodge Raider

could all of this be sincros or something else?

53,145

If you only have fourth gear, that's the direct 1:1 ratio that does not go through side gears. Sounds like a rebuild/replace is in your future.

judge_roy

fourth gear is over-rated anyways~

53,145

Yea, it's over rated until it's the only gear you have.

judge_roy

I always think of 'smoke signals' where the girl's old chevy only drives in reverse- okay if your on an indian reservation...I guess~

judge_roy

see AAMCO or find a replacement locally?

judge_roy

six hundred bucks plus shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge- Automatic-Transmission-Tested-Good-/290905027916? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1987%7CMake %3ADodge%7CModel%3ARaider&hash=item43bb4a754c&vxp=mtr

Matt Thibault
825

Checking the repair database, 4th gear looks like it's the only one not on the main shaft of the manual transmission. Looks like it'll need a rebuild... May be cheaper to install a (decent) used one, if you can find one.

judge_roy

...imagine that, cannot find 1:1 ratio.....how can this be?

Matt Thibault
825

Relax, Roy. I realized the err of my response after I posted it.

judge_roy

no problem Matt, just a pass time, help when I can with my rapidly disintegrating MS brain~ they don't let me work anymore---this technology is a hundred years old, yet they think that it is pertinent to design in a "accelerator pedal transducer", which could and possibly does put a person's life at risk...a damned cable never did that~

7jimmy7
11,475

its in 4th and the shifter broke way,pull cover plate and inspect the 2 forks about 12 bolts