I installed new shocks and coil springs on my el camino but it still sits lower on the right side.why?

lsloan3
0

Asked by lsloan3 Jul 07, 2012 at 11:25 PM about the 1982 Chevrolet El Camino

Jason Zane
4,025

sway-bar worn?

19,845

Control arm bushings can change ride height by 2 inches in some instances. If one side is good and the other is completely trashed then its very likely the bad side will sit an inch or more lower

lsloan3
0

thanks I will have them checked also I was told that it could be the body mount bushings could this also make it sit low on one side

19,845

Body bushing can definitely give the appearance of an uneven ride height. The way to check that is measure the frame height versus the body height on both sides and if the difference between the frame and body is the same on both sides then the body bushings are equally worn and won't be the cause for the lean.