Have you driven a 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid?

Displaying all 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid reviews reviews.

2009 Chrysler Aspen HybridReview
Arnold writes:
Overall:

Great features and wonderful ride...when it runs! Chrysler has discontinued all parts including abs brakes module and electric cooling fan and electric water pump. Each cost over $1200 to fix and exhaust bolts broke causing it to sound like old clunker when driving costing $3500 to fix. Also you can never take it thru a carwash cause it will cause serious electric short circuits and it will take hours before car will drive again. But you will love it when it is running. Hate Chrysler. It is the reason people buy imports now.

2009 Chrysler Aspen HybridReview
Steve writes:
Overall:

Excellent SUV but difficult to get parts for. Very expensive to repair. Dealer price on just the electric transmission itself is $9,800 only for the part, not including labor!

2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid Limited 4WDReview
tpedwards writes:
Warranty:
Overall:

Lots Of Room, Seats 7 Comfortably (for Short Trips) And Good Gas Mileage. — The transmission was not designed specifically for the hybrid; thus, it seems to get confused. I am a field rep for a pacemaker company. I have a half million worth of gear in the back end and there is plenty of space for all of it. Driving across northern Alabama, it gets great mileage for its size. Overall I like it. I had to buy it used since Chrysler had discontinued making them. I bought my 2009 Aspen Limited HEV in May 2010.

Pros: Has more power than 5.7L HEMI alone. It has been averaging 20mpg with mixed driving. I drove from Alabama to Texas last year following an ambulance our church was donating to a mission in Honduras. At average speed of 55mph, I averaged 26 mpg.

Cons: The transmission just was not designed with the hybrid in mind. The transmission felt like it was slipping. Then the check engine light came on. It took Chrysler and my dealer 2 months to figure it out and get it fixed. Thank goodness for the extended warranty. But I was without all my Aspen Limited toys for 2 months and stuck in cheap rentals!!!

Displaying all 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid reviews reviews.

Cars compared to 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid

Have you driven a 2009 Chrysler Aspen Hybrid?