2004 Chevrolet Classic User Reviews

Have you driven a 2004 Chevrolet Classic?

Displaying all 5 2004 Chevrolet Classic reviews.

Overall:

Good School Or Work Car, Makes A Perfect Daily Driver — Enjoyed driving 20 miles to and from work and occasional errands. Great gas mileage at 30-35mpg interstate driving. Not much cargo space but had enough interior room for 4 people comfortable. My wife loved driving it around to get groceries and to work. Wish that it had more power though. Interstate overtakes were slightly difficult at 65mph.

Pros: Great fuel economy, smooth quiet ride, interior room

Cons: Not enough power, handling could be improved

Classic

Looking for a Used Classic in your area?

CarGurus has 386 nationwide Classic listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Overall:

Affordable, And Decently Built. We've Been Happy With It. — It's not a horrible car, but not the worlds' greatest, either. Over-all, it's been a dependable car, but we HAVE had issues. One of the most annoying, as well as most frequent, is with the anti-theft system. For whatever reason, it likes to lock us out. This is easily fixed, as it just requires turning the car off, removing the key, replacing the key, turning to the run position (not all the way to start), and waiting for the anti-theft light to turn off. It's easy, but it usually takes at least 10 minutes to reset itself. Handling is good, acceleration is decent, braking is good. Most of the repairs it has needed have been self-repairs, which is a positive. It can be fun to find things such as fuses, as there are three completely separate fuse boxes (one on both passenger and drivers side dash, one under the hood. The one under the hood is where you'll find your cigarette lighter/power point fuse, lolol). It's a comfortable car to ride in, and we've always enjoyed riding in it. Over-all, we're pleased with this vehicle.

Pros: Dependability.

Cons: Anti-theft system issues

Overall:

Shes My Baby! — I love my car!! Tehe It is a 2004 n still n great shape!! it does have a lot of miles however! Gas is real cheap.. shes a 4 banger!! NO funky sounds! It's my baby and my WhIp GaMe PrOpEr!!

Pros: My Purple Theme

Cons: My turn signal constantly clicks

Overall:

Not Too Happy — Known problem with the timing chain jumping out...I wasn't told up front about this possibility. My wife's car, so I'm not sure when it happened or the conditions, but I now have a $2100 repair bill to put a used engine in--private mechanic. Clements, the dealer, said they'd be glad to put in a new engine for $4700...go figure. Also had trouble with the control yoke for the w/wiper and turn signals. Fixed that myself because a replacement part was $170 more than I could afford.

Pros: Good mileage, fair ride, good handling

Cons: repairs very costly...technology for the sake of technology and driving repairs.

Overall:

Classic Will Remain A Classic — Well built, hard to destroy. This car is built like a tank. It's easy to maintain, although the oil filter is hard to remove and replace. It dirties easily, but it cleans well too.

Pros: Well built

Cons: dirties easily

Displaying all 5 2004 Chevrolet Classic reviews.

2005 Chevrolet Classic Reviews

Great Car For The Price By rsmossutah

This has been a very reliable vehicle. It gets me where I need to go (which is ~200 miles/day) and does so very economically. While it isn't the fastest thing out there, it has decent pick-up and go... Read More

It's A Really Good Car To Drive. You Can Go To Any Place, Feel Comfortable In It. By offer2012

This car is really fun to drive, very comfortable, roomy, safe, and all in controll driving it. It gets great MPG. I like that too. It spends almost no gasoline compare to my other car, a jeep I have.... Read More

Cars compared to 2004 Chevrolet ClassicPeople researching a 2004 Chevrolet Classic contacted a dealer about

Have you driven a 2004 Chevrolet Classic?