Have you driven a 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R?

Displaying all 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R reviews reviews.

nyblues1 writes:
Overall:

It Is Stunning And Very Impressive, Particularly That Burgundy Color Which Is So Classic — I love the look of the car inside and out. I love being in the car and driving it. It drives with a fluidity I have not found in other cars. You just put your foot on the pedal and glide. If you are not careful you can build up speed rapidly. It is fun and exciting to drive. However this is not the car for you if you have pets or active toddlers that like to pull on everything. .In order to keep the leather clean I never put my larger dogs in the car. Mechanically it has never let me down. If you don't like to sit low, like in a sports car, then getting in and out of the car will be a problem for you. For me this is the car of a lifetime. The cons are not what you would expect with a Jaguar...Upkeeping a luxury car like this means that there are certain things I won't do such as pets, packages in the back seat, etc. There is plenty room in the trunk but that is the only place I would put groceries, etc.n (not pets!)

Pros: This car is a very elegant automobile.  People always look to see who is driving this car because of it's appeal.  Lovely eye candy.  The interior is beautiful.  I never tire of getting into the car and looking at the console and feeling the comfort of the seats.  The seats heat if it is cold.  The six CD changer allows me to get in the car and chill out.  There is a great sound system.  The grill is gorgeous.  The a/c is powerful and if you want speed this is the car for you.

Cons: Gas mileage is not great though I do get between 18-20 in stop and go traffic.  Repairs are more costly than the average car though I haven't had any problems with it mechanically.  I have had the car since 2008.

Gavin writes:
Overall:

8 Out Of 10 — Great car, great looking. NO rear leg room. Very little boot space. Very quick and easy car to drive. And quite rare. Very good build quality. I would recommend to anyone looking for power and comfort at a reasonable price. That's it. Bye

Pros: Acceleration.

Cons: Rear leg room. But not really that mush of a 'suck' fault.

dkduggan writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

$12,000 — It has acceleration like you won't believe, can stop on a dime, & corners like a race car. One great ride. Good gas mileage, 18-23 mpg. Updated Navigation, will take you anywhere you wish to go, the first time! LOVE IT!

Pros: Can buy an extended used car waranty from Jaguar for peace of mind.

Cons: Maintenance can get pricey.

Matthew writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

The Best Saloon Vehicle For The Money: Hands Down — Fantastic car, one of the best performers on the road. 400 plus BHP. The sound of the supercharger begs you to play with the accelerator. Its one of the best braking vehicles around with a 60 to 0 stopping distance of a Lamborghini. The ride is stiff like a true race car; yet completely smooth and supple at the exact same time. There isnt another car that is able to replicate this twist of luxury and performance. The only issue one must face (if you live in the midwest) is this car is NOT ment for snow. 400 BHP to the rear wheels does not make a good help when theres no grip to those low profile tyres. It doesnt matter if you have the best all season tyres.. there isnt enough rubber to make it work. The 14 inch brembos dont know how to react and the DSC and traction control are confused when driving in this stuff.. you need another car if you have seasonal snow.

Pros: Pefect blend of luxury and speed

Cons: Snow is no BUENO!

Ben6243 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Fast Fun And Luxurious. What Beats That? — There has been some annoying electrical issues. It's under a full warranty. But it's just irritating to have to take to the dealer. problems E-Brake recall LH turn signal is sporadic (that one I fix on my own) Other then that I love it. It's really a great car.

Pros: fast. comfort.  and it's a jaguar.

Cons: electrical.  Handling could be better. (Newest models do have the kinks worked out)

jlo23 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Love It! — I have had my car for about 2 years and I absolutely love it. First of all I love the looks. It's sleek and classy. The seats fit me like a glove, they really hug my body. The stearing is tight and I really like that, give a feeling of being in control of the car around corners and when I hit that "S" button on a straightaway. It has a GPS built in, which would be the drawback. I don't think it is very user friendly and it's expensive to update with a new cd. All and all I really love my car and I plan on keeping it for a long time. I would recommend a Jaguar S Type R to anyone who wants a powerful luxury car.

Pros: handling, seats, quality of workmanship, looks of exterior and interior

Cons: stereo could be better, pricey tires

Rajiv writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

The S Type R.....fast And Agile — Out of all the Supercharged Jags I have had I lean to favor this one. Black on Black with Factory Chrome Rims. This is a muscular model year and it really moves. GT Mustangs are usually dust by the time I hit 60MPH and this car is great on trips. It gets over 26MPG on the highway and you don't even realize you are driving 80 all the time!

Pros: Accelearation and Handling

Cons: Not very spacious and low on trunk space

Displaying all 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R reviews reviews.

2004 Jaguar S-TYPE R Reviews

A Proper Bloke’s Saloon By Ashton

A proper bloke’s saloon Yes, I know a M5, E55 (and now E63), and Audi RS6 are faster, but there is something about this Jag that I love. It looks great, sounds great, it’s a torque monster, and it it... Read More

S-TYPE R

Looking for a Used S-TYPE R in your area?

CarGurus has 3 nationwide S-TYPE R listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Have you driven a 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R?