1997 Oldsmobile LSS User Reviews

Have you driven a 1997 Oldsmobile LSS?

Displaying all 5 1997 Oldsmobile LSS reviews.

Overall:

Good Reliable And Comfortable Cruiser For Cheap. — I have owned this car for almost three years and have been pretty happy with it. I picked it up for about 1500 bucks back in 2012 with only 112K miles. It now has 119K miles (only drive it on road trips) and still drives well. It's been a good college car for going on trips home with room to fit all my stuff. Even at my height of 6'5", I can still fit comfortably in the front seats or back seats. This thing is an excellent highway cruiser, so I can drive for 6 hours straight and still be ready to drive some more. On the highway I have averaged 26 to 27 mpg, but have gotten as much as 28 mpg (going 75mph). I've heard other people claiming higher numbers, but I live in western Montana so most of our highways involve canyons and mountain passes. The car looks pretty good, but has some oxidizing paint on the top of the hood, roof, and trunk. I really haven't found a way to reverse it. Also, because this car is almost 20 years old, the leather interior is starting to show its age. (it doesn't bother me too much) The biggest repair I have had to encounter is the tension pulley going out and freezing up, which resulted in snapping my serpentine belt. This happened about 3 months ago and cost over $300 to have a mechanic replace. (new tension pulley and serpentine belt) My Oldsmobile doesn't have the supercharged 3.8 (I wish it did), but it still has the 200hp non-supercharged 3.8 which is a very good engine and provides me with good acceleration when I need it to merge or pass. All in all, this has been a great car for me and I would recommend this car or something similar (Pontiac Bonneville or Buick LeSabre) if you find one for a good deal.

Pros: -Great highway mpg
-Extremely comfortable on long road trips
-Good looks
-Good sounding speakers
-Roomy and spacious (even for the back seat)
-Good reliable engine and transmission

Cons: -Oxidizing paint on the hood, roof, and trunk
-Not so good city mpg
-Handling is a little sluggish
-Maintenance can be pricey at times

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4 Dr Supercharged Sedan Review
Overall:

I Love This Car. — I don't really want to get a different car. If I could just get this one again, I would! When I got this car, I really, really wanted a Bonneville SSEI ('97 specifically). It didn't happen. Now, as I'm test driving cars, I've driven a couple of Bonnie's, and I will take my Olds any day over the Bonnie's I drove.

Pros: I love this car.  A true sleeper,this gem "floats" down the road.  Comfortable. Quiet. Responds well.

Cons: The supercharger is a tranny eater.  Weird stuff has gone out.

Overall:

Would Buy Another If I Could Fing One — The car handles well, gets good gs mileage and looks good. It has 210000 miles on it with no major repair costs. Never had issues with it starting in Minnesota winters even though it was not kept in a garage.

Pros: looks great, gets 30 mph, 5 passenger seating

Cons: known issue with transmission

Appearance:
Overall:

Woulkd Be A Lot Better With Turbo — interior rattles a lot when you have subs in the trunk. installing new audio stuff is a pain in the ass to do. front wheel drive..all i have to say about that. no rust. gas mileage not to shabby.

Pros: who else has a 1997 oldsmobile lss???

Cons: not good for installing audio system

1997 Oldsmobile LSS 4 Dr Supercharged Sedan Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Car,fast,reliable!!! — This car is a great car although it is twelve years old it still runs as smooth and as strong as it did when it was brand new. The GM 3800 V6 Supercharged Series II engine wil blow away any poser out there. Car surprisingly gets awesome gas milage, around 30 mpg on the highway. But if you drive it like I do it doesn't get but around 22, which is still good when you have a lead foot. Overall good car and very reliable, powerful and torquey engine will get you out of and far away from trouble quickly.Suspension is a little mushy for my taste but, again this car is a lugsury car not a tuner. It is getting aged and the only problem that I have ever really noticed is that recently there is a high pitched squeek comming from the right front wheel, sounds like a brake draging but we've checked that and its not the problem. The exhaust is slowly getting louder over time but that is probably because of the age of the car, but other than that no problems.

Pros: Powerfull engine, supercharger, acceleration,ride quality, low road noise. Stock sound system is awesome, nice sleeperat stop lights, tame looking design.

Cons: possible cv joint repair needed, exhaust getting louder with age

Displaying all 5 1997 Oldsmobile LSS reviews.

1999 Oldsmobile LSS Reviews

Great Luxury Car For Price By Fernando

very nice car, standard leather interior, lots of power, great handleing. but the quality of the car is not all that good. Read More

1998 Oldsmobile LSS Reviews

Ill Drive It Till The Wheels Fall Off By Ray

yup im still driveing an olds this one has been a great car the only work required on it is preventive maintance it gets 26 mhp on trips and 21 in town i think it was a gross mistake that general moto... Read More

Love This Car. By Clint

Clean car, Quite, Smooth acceleration, 240 hp. Great handling, nice sound system, overall great car. Love this car fun to drive and quite the sleeper. Will buy another if needed. and recommend it to f... Read More

Have you driven a 1997 Oldsmobile LSS?