1979 Mazda GLC User Reviews

Have you driven a 1979 Mazda GLC?

Displaying all 2 1979 Mazda GLC reviews.

1979 Mazda GLC Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Glc = Great Little Car — This was my first brand new car. I was working at San Onofre commuting over 150 miles each day when the 65 bug died on me. I needed something new that was basic transportation. I bought this new from the dealer as a bare bones car. No radio, no cigarette lighter (even though I was a smoker at the time), still NO AIR. About $4300 out the door. RED - I transplanted the 8 track player from the bug and a radio. I had to drill into the front fender to install a Pep Boys antenna- Gutsy stuff. This car was fun - not sure of its HP but it was a 4 speed manual and moved along pretty well. And it got real good gas mileage. I tried real hard on one tank of gas to see what it could do if I took it pretty easy. It got about 35 MPG. It usually got between 28 to 30 no matter how hard I drove it. It would do 80 no problem. It did spend a winter in Michigan and came though without a hitch. The car was very reliable - never left me in the lurch. I put about 100,000 miles on it when we decided we needed a bigger car now that we had two kids. So I traded it in for my next car.

Pros: Economical, Reliable, god performance - Great Value

Cons: small -

GLC

Looking for a Used GLC in your area?

CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

1979 Mazda GLC Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Little Car — GLC = Great Little Car This was my first brand new car. I was working at San Onofre commuting over 150 miles each day when the 65 bug died on me. I needed something new that was basic transportation. I bought this new from the dealer as a bare bones car. No radio, no cigarette lighter (even though I was a smoker at the time), still NO AIR. About $4300 out the door. RED - I transplanted the 8 track player from the bug and a radio. I had to drill into the front fender to install a Pep Boys antenna- Gutsy stuff. This car was fun - not sure of its HP but it was a 4 speed manual and moved along pretty well. And it got real good gas mileage. I tried real hard on one tank of gas to see what it could do if I took it pretty easy. It got about 35 MPG. It usually got between 28 to 30 no matter how hard I drove it. It would do 80 no problem. It did spend a winter in Michigan and came though without a hitch. The car was very reliable - never left me in the lurch. I put about 100,000 miles on it in about 6 yearrs when we decided we needed a bigger car now that we had two kids. So I traded it in.

Pros: Economical, Reliable, god performance - Great Value

Cons: Small

Displaying all 2 1979 Mazda GLC reviews.

1985 Mazda GLC Reviews

Only Drive It If You Live In The City And Have Lots Of Money To Piss Away On Repairs By Jay

could not find a better car on gas (45-50 MPG) on highway but the car sucked and everything broke down in it except the engine which is unkillable also has very poor traction and stability and if the ... Read More

Have you driven a 1979 Mazda GLC?