Back Trunk Won't Open on a '92 900S Convertible

Newbee
0

Asked by Newbee Nov 13, 2008 at 11:38 AM about the 1992 Saab 900 2 Dr S Convertible

Suddenly, I can't open the trunk on my 900S Convertible '92.

Is there a switch in the interior?  Is there some kink I don't know about that has me locked out? Thanks anyone

Donald May
5

Good luck, no latch. try taking the lights out and work with it.

Darran Kitchener
65

Hi there, this happens on my 1990 hatch all the time... I have to push the 'trunk' down as I pull boot release handle - takes a bit of practice but it's do-able!! Alternatively drop the rear seats and get into the boot that way, you can pop the latch with a screwdriver and then have a look at it to see if there's any obvious problem with it!

Patrick Davis
5

Yes I also have this issue with my 90, you literally have to push down on the trunk before you squeeze the release, wonder what causes this, had same issue on other 80 models as well.

Roar Andersen
55

I was wondering 'bout that myself actually. Luckily I got it lurked / pushed / pulled open. You obviously can't take the lights off from the outside as you can with the hatchback, and you can't fold down back seats either to get through that way. Anyhow, I think you'll get it opened if you just fiddle a bit with it. I smeared a layer of lithium grease on hooks, bolts and all moveable parts and hope it won't happen again