transmission slips when shifting into 4th gear.

dalew
0

Asked by dalew Apr 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM about the 1997 Saab 9000 4 Dr CSE Turbo Hatchback

If you let off the accel then it will shift into 4th.  can I do anything to fix other than total
trans rebuild?

103,425

Besides locking out 4th, which I'm unsure you can do on your Saab, The overdrive band is probably burnt or worn, so you will need to replace that, and you probably already know that when you go into the trans you might as well rebuild. See if you can find a used trans at a auto recycler, might be a little cheaper. On a side note, does it happen on other gears, the reason I ask is maybe your motor mounts or trans mount is worn or broken, changing the driveline angle.

7jimmy7
12,005

best you can do is change fluid and filter in trans. control pressure is lagging ,investigate if Saab has adjustable kick down control pressure as most older cars used to have