how to fix AC

ItsOnlyOneMe
0

Asked by ItsOnlyOneMe Oct 15, 2012 at 08:00 AM about the 1991 Pontiac Sunbird 2 Dr LE Coupe

The AC comes on but it do not blow cold air

John Leone
3,845

has it been serviced, or looked at in a while, most common is low cooling fluid, R-34, a shop will charge you for draining the system, and refilling it with a dye and checking for leaks, you can do it yourself, a quick can of r-34, and have the car running, ac inside on face vent full blast, attach the line from the purchased can, (clips on the low side), ONLY SIDE IT WILL FIT PROPERLY ON) allow the can to either empty or until you feel the cold air coming out the vent...if it never does, you either have a huge leak, where it is/was empty or too much (which is why i asked if it had been looked at), but you should be able to hear the ac compressor activate rotationally, IT WILL NOT STAY ON THE WHOLE TIME....it too can be broken if you never hear it...but regardless, if the can works, then use a portable black light, (you can get in the halloween dept. of walmart for like 5 bucks, and if you can yellow tinted sunglasses, you should see the r-34 if you look closely to the lines near the connectors, if it is leaking, (mechanic trick)...message me for more help....

John Leone
3,845

the previous post assuming you checked the ac relay and fuse first...

Rucko
2,275

its not r-34 . its r-134a. a/c should be serviced by qualified professional only. adding too much freon can cause serious damage and injuries. it's not something to mess with unless you really know what you're doing.