Heat not working in a 95 Firebird, is it possible it's just a blown fuse? need some troubleshooting steps...

Jeffrey Schneider
65

Asked by Jeffrey Jan 24, 2013 at 09:41 PM about the 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Heat not working in a 95 Firebird, is it possible it's just a blown fuse?  need some troubleshooting steps...

45,745

Does "Heat not working" mean the blower does not work or is the output cold? If the blower is not working, check the fuses and the resister and if they are good, replace the blower motor.

Best Answer
Jeffrey Schneider
65

Thanks, blower is working. Output is cold. Recently had some rust holes patched, possible that something was left detached? Heat worked before the rust work...

DavidH25

I don't see how patching rust holes could have anything to do with it. If the blower works, assuming you have proper level of coolant in radiator, then the heater core is not getting hot water to it, there is a valve that controls the flow, it may be stuck or the linkage to it, it's in line on the heater hoses..try opening it by hand

DavidH25

I could not find a picture specific to your Firebird, but this is Camaro so it will look similar and is vacuum operated

Jeffrey Schneider
65

Thanks DavidH25, really appreciate the picture...