I bought a 95 Nissan maxima for 900 dollars sometimes when I crank it will idle fine till I press on the gas then it tries to die it cuts out sometimes but not all the time it has been sitting for awhile I added injection cleaner to the fuel with a full tank thinking it was sluge any thought on what might be My issue ?

sirlancealot_911
0

Asked by sirlancealot_911 Feb 27, 2013 at 09:07 PM about the 1995 Nissan Maxima SE

judge_roy

how many miles are on this buggy? which motor does it have?

judge_roy

the three essential components being fuel, air, and timed spark and hopefully valves as well. Even if you've got a mechancial distributor there is a crank angle and/or cam sensor(s). Either might be sending an erratic signal to the ECU.

Best Answer
judge_roy

how's the exhaust smell, oily, smokey, carboney, laden with unburned hydrocarbon?...or a perfect white puff 0 smoke?

judge_roy

anyone set the timing? the plug(s) gaps, the air filter, fuel filter, check the engine oil, the transmission oil?

judge_roy

sir lancelot will dance alot.

sirlancealot_911
0

It's got 190,000 miles dosent really have a smell just white smoke

sirlancealot_911
0

Changed all the filters except fuel filter so far was headed that way next its v6 twin cam

judge_roy

whoooa hooray! test output from the crank angle sensor/cam sensor...sounds like someone ain't talkin' to the ECU properly-

natalie000
75

I had the same problem, if you can have your codes read all the better. When my car started driving like yours I replaced the camshaft sensor and then the MAF sensor. You can buy both online, look on ebay for best deals :)