Power antenna replacement 3000GT

My3000gt94
55

Asked by My3000gt94 Mar 13, 2013 at 02:01 PM about the 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

I have purchased an universal power
antenna for my 3000 GT and it looks
a little different than the original
antenna in my car. I wonder if I
replace the antenna, it will work. Has
any of you guys has replaced the
OEM antenna in your 3000GT? Any
helpful suggestion would be
appreciated.  I'm planning to replace
the antenna this Friday March 15th
Thank you.

judge_roy

gettin to the back of the radio is always a toughie. Hopefully will not have to dis-assemble EVERYTHING to make it happen....yikes..good luck!

My3000gt94
55

Thanks for the advise. I didn't even know that I have to go behind the radio by think to just connect the current wiring to the new antenna. I must research more for the installation. Allen

judge_roy

...well it'd be nice if it automatically could find the end of the antenna, I've got the same problem with my Toyota, but since there aren't any stations in Clearlake is pointless to reconnect it.

EATME1958
55

The 3 wires coming from the radio to the power antenna are industry standand, 1 powers the antenna to lower it when the engine is turned off when you do not turn off the radio before shutting off the car. The other one is powers the antenna for when you turn the radio on and off. The 3rd is ground. I can't count the number of cars I put electric antennes in. ire it up.

Best Answer
My3000gt94
55

The universal antenna also will go down and up by either turn off the radio or the engine. Problem is that it takes time to replace the antenna, and am not sure if it will work like the oem antenna. Thanks for the tip R/Allen

31,235

Check this out it might help you. http://www.supercar- engineering.com/rubberducky/3S/Maint/All/AntMotor/